Pages

Saturday 3 July 2010

I Wrote This For You.

I know a lot of us have been having a hard time lately. I've been having one too. I've been filling out application forms til my head and hand hurts, I check every single day for an email, for new jobs I can apply for and yet no-one wants to hire me. I feel like Im not good enough and I shouldn't, because I am good and it's the company's loss. It's mine too a little because Im the one trying to pay rent at the end of the month but still.

Im not going to tell you that everything's going to be alright because let's face it, it probably isn't. You've got to struggle and climb and pull yourself up that mountain and sometimes the grass is browner on the other side. But when you get to the top, for just a moment, you feel good, you've made it this far. And you'll be happy for a while and then you'll slip and fall back into the mud down the other side and have to climb back up. As someone once said: Why do we fall? So we can learn to get back up again.

So even though I'm being rejected time and time again by these companies, I keep trying because someone along the way will say "Yes, her, she's exactly what Im looking for." Someone will want me to work for them, someone will believe in me and my abilities. And those who dont, well nothing I can do about it.

As well as being rejected by employers, I have some stupid girl stuff going on in my head which is never fun. But I'm talking to my friends and they are awesome at telling me to wise up or giving me advice when I need it. So this is for them.

This is for all of you who are going through a rough time. You'll reach the top eventually and when you do, it will all have been worth it and when you start tumbling again, you know you've made it through once, you can do it again. Life is unfair, but you get what you're given and you learn to deal with it. And at the end of the day, "all you can hope for is the love you've felt to equal the pain you've gone through"* and hope that it's enough.

And if that doesn't make you feel better, then This certainly will.


*Quote from an Editor's song.
**I'll have a future husband letter on tues/wed for you
***Thanks for all the comments on the last post. Please keep them coming :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was really what I needed to read right now. I've been getting discouraged with job searching.

<3

Post a Comment