Pages

Sunday 19 September 2010

Post 50: Number 14/21

As many of you are aware, I started this blog and posted a list of 21 things I'd like to do by the time I was 21. I turn 21 tomorrow, ahh. You can view this post, here. Number 14 on that list states

14. Master one recipe to perfection and post it as a blog

I intend to post this recipe here today. And the recipe is for the infamous Whoopie Pies which I have stuffed myself on this past summer and I'm sure you've seen the pictures on facebook or at least heard me talk about them. So here we go.


Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Strawberry Marshmallow Buttercream

Ingredients

2pack chocolate sponge mix
2 eggs Water
Marshmallows
Butter

Icing sugar

Strawberry flavouring

Pink food colouring

Sprinkles

Milk

Tools
Greaseproof paper
Baking tray

Bowls

Electric mixer

Spoons

Pots

What to do.
1. Put the greaseproof paper on the baking tray.
2. Make up the chocolate sponge mix using the eggs, water and mix itself.

3. Once the mix is made up then put one tsp of the mix on the greaseproof paper and try and form it into a perfect circle. Continue this step til all the mix is made up and you have several circles of the mix.

4. Put it in the oven.
5. While the mix is in the oven, melt the marshmallows in a pot with milk.

6. Once the marshmallows have melted then add them to the softened butter.

7. Add the strawberry flavouring and pink food colouring to this mix.
8. Take the sponge mix out of the oven and leave to
cool.
9. Once the chocolate sponge has cooled, put a spoon full of the marshmallow cream onto one, then top with another chocolate sponge.

10. Continue number 9 until all cream and chocolate sponges have been used up, essentially making a pie shape.

11. Make up the icing sugar and add the pink colouring and flavouring to the icing sugar.
12. Top the whoopie pies with the icing sugar and add sprinkles.

Then NOM NOM NOM. For reference, here is a picture of the whoopie pies.




So there you go, I hope you enjoy baking and eating them. I might go make some myself :)

Also, expect another update possibly tomorrow or tuesday about how many things on my 21 list I completed since I will officially be 21 tomorrow!

Sami

0 comments:

Post a Comment