Pages

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Online Friendships.

So, today I had a job interview and I think I did okay. I'll know sometime this weekend so Ill keep you updated on that. Also, today is National Play Day, the only reason I know this is cause I volunteer with kids and we had to take them to a place that had all this stuff on for them to play with. It wasnt too bad, except the weather as per usual cant seem to make up its mind whether to be sunny or rainy.

Anyway. I don't know if any of you are avid youtube users or know anything much about the youtube community. I don't participate as such in it, but I follow a lot of vloggers who are also bloggers linked in my side bar over there. But there is this group on youtube of 5 girls called 5AG which stands for 5 Awesome Girls and they are from all over America. They allocated a day to themselves and have to make a video on that day. This year, each week has a theme and this weeks theme is the phenomenon of online friendships and how weird you think it's going to be to meet your online friend in real.

I felt this was rather apt as in September I'm going to England for my online friend Becca's wedding and there I'll also meet my online friend Rachel. I am beyond excited about this, as it gets me out of the country and fulfills some of my 21 list haha and the fact that we get to meet each other after such a long time is cool. I met Becca once back in 2006 where I went to stay with her for a few days after a horrid break up. But I havent seen her since and we've both grown up lots. I am a bit nervous to fly and meet them as it's been so long and you never know if they are actually going to like you and get on with you irl, but ofc, that's just the idea you have in your head, once you're there it turns into this amazing thing that makes your life so great and glad to have people like that :).

So yeah, I just wanted to voice my opinion and say that I enjoy having online friendships and if I get the chance to meet every one of my online friends, I'd definitely take it. So please leave a comment, tell me if you have ever met an online friend and how did it go and are you going to meet anymore?

Until tomorrow!
Sami

Italian Phrase of the day: Io sono inglese = I am English. ;D

0 comments:

Post a Comment