Pages

Sunday 8 August 2010

Team Anita.

As I mentioned the other day, I was engrossed in a book. That book was one of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. My best friend and housemate introduced me to the series after we took a notion for vampire books (yes that includes twilight, but others such as the house of night and blue bloods series :P). She had read this series long before Twilight ever hit the shelves and for a year went on about how it was so much better. So when I told her I intended to read 50 books this year, she suggested I read the series cause there is like 20. So I agreed.

I actually started this attempt in November but life was too hectic back then for me to actually get into the series. But when I finally had the time to sit down and read the books I actually took a great liking for them. I couldn't wait for her to give me them all so I could get through the entire series. And I agree with her that they are much better than Twilight. Yes they have vampires and werewolves as you cant have one without the other, but it is much better written and involves other wereanimals and things that you wouldn't believe.

It's violent and sexy at the same time and Laurell K Hamilton is an amazing author, so my respect goes out to her. I have now finished the series (well until another book is released) and I cant wait for the next one! I am actually quite sad that I have to put the books down and read another 15 different ones to complete my list haha. I just wanted to tell you guys about it and start spreading the word because it's actually very good and definitely a worthwhile read. I will say this though, it isn't for the faint-hearted or the squeamish or the prudes. It does involve a lot of grusome descriptions and a hell of a lot of sexy steamy scenes. So if it sounds like your cup of tea, then the first book in the series is called Guilty Pleasures and it's by Laurell K Hamilton.

So yes. That's all I wanted to share today. As a bit of an avid-reader (at the best of times) I wanted to pass on my knowledge to you other bookaholics. You'll thank me later! Enjoy!

Until tomorrow,
Sami

Italian phrase of the day = Arrivederci = Goodbye.
p.s. COMMENT RAWR.

0 comments:

Post a Comment